Welcome to the BlackTaoist website. Home of the martial arts expert Novell Bell.
Novell G. Bell A.K.A. The Black Taoist has been involved in the Chinese martial arts since 1982. He is trained in Yin Style BaGuaZhang, (Cao branch) Lohan Shaolin, Hsing Yi Chuan, Praying Mantis, Tai Chi Chuan, and San Shou.
As an instructor and practioner, Novell teaches all mental, physical and spiritual aspects of the martial arts; Yet, he stresses the practical usage of the Chinese martial arts system. Sensitivity, timing, and proper usage of power and technique are not just shown but emphasized.
The chinese internal martial arts are also known for having superior positive impact on negative health conditions. Quite often, individuals can improve their health, as well as procure a peace of mind while developing practical combat skills for self-defense.
A FEW OF NOVELL LAOSHI ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- 2001 Kung Fu Strike Challenge - US vs. China San Shou - 1st place, full contact fighting
- 2000 Summer Bash Chinese Martial Arts Championships - 1st place, fighting and forms.
- 2000 Li Thai Liang Kung Fu International San Shou Strike Challenge - 1st place, full contact fighting
- 1998 2nd Pan American Wu Shu Championships - 1st place, fighting, and moving push hands
- 1997 11th Annual Yokuzuna Tournament of Champions -1st place, fighting and forms.
- 1995 New York City kung Fu tournament - 1st place, fighting and forms.
- 1995 Summer Bash Chinese Martial Arts Championships - 1st place, fighting, forms, and push hands.
- 1991 Battle on the Border Open Karate Championships - 1st place, full contact fighting